Nationwide list of
Attorney state Bars

The State Bar (or other designated agency) is responsible for the regulation and discipline of attorneys. Click below to find reporting information for the State Bar (or designated agency) in your State.

To file a complaint online – click on the State name to be taken to the complaints portal.


Alabama State Bar
415 Dexter Ave.
Montgomery, AL 36104
To file a complaint: 800-354-6154


Alaska Bar Association
840 K St., Suite 100
Anchorage, AK 99501
To file a complaint: : 907-272-2932


State Bar of Arizona
4201 N. 24th St., Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85016
To file a complaint: 800-319-0514 Ext. 7280
or 602-340-7280 (inside Maricopa County)


Arkansas Judiciary,
Office of the Committee on Professional Conduct
2100 Riverfront Dr., Suite 200
Little Rock, AR 72202
To file a complaint: 800-506-6631


State Bar of California
180 Howard St.
San Francisco, CA 94105
To file a complaint: 800-843-9053


Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies,
Division of Professions and Occupations
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202
To file a complaint: 877-888-1370


Connecticut Judicial Branch, Statewide Grievance Committee
999 Asylum Avenue, Fifth Floor
Hartford, CT 06105
To file a complaint: (860) 296-3848


Delaware Courts, Office of Disciplinary Counsel
The Renaissance Centre
405 North King St., Suite 420
Wilmington, DE 19801
To file a complaint: 302-651-3931

District of Columbia

District of Columbia Court of Appeals,
Office of Disciplinary Counsel
515 5th St., NW, Building A, Suite 117
Washington, DC 20001
To file a complaint: 202-638-1501


Florida Bar
651 E. Jefferson St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399
To file a complaint: 866-352-0707


State Bar of Georgia
104 Marietta St., NW, Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30303
To file a complaint: 800-334-6865


Disciplinary Board of the Hawaii Supreme Court
201 Merchant St., Suite 1600
Honolulu, HI 96813
To file a complaint: 808-599-1909


Idaho State Bar
525 W. Jefferson St.
Boise, ID 83702
To file a complaint: 208-334-4500


Supreme Court of Illinois,
Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission
One Prudential Plaza
130 E. Randolph Dr., Suite 1500
Chicago, IL 60601
To file a complaint: 800-826-8625


Indiana Supreme Court, Disciplinary Commission
251 North Illinois St., Suite 1650
Indianapolis, IN 46204
To file a complaint: 317-234-3022


Iowa Judicial Branch, Office of Professional Regulation
513 North Main St.
Burlington, IA 52601
To file a complaint: 319-753-8272


Kansas Judicial Branch, Office of the Disciplinary Administrator
701 SW Jackson, 1st Floor
Topeka, Kansas 66603
To file a complaint:


Kentucky Bar Association
514 West Main St.
Frankfort, KY 40601
To file a complaint: 502-564-3795


Louisiana State Bar Association
4000 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd., Suite 607
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
To file a complaint: 800-421-5722


Maine Board of Overseers of the Bar
97 Winthrop St.
Augusta, ME 04332
To report fraud:


Maryland Attorney Grievance Commission and Office of Bar Counsel
200 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Suite 300
Annapolis, MD 21401
To file a complaint: 410-514-7051


Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
99 High St., 2nd Floor
Boston, MA 02110
To file a complaint: 617-728-8750


Michigan Attorney Grievance Commission
535 Griswold, Suite 1700
Detroit, Michigan 48226
To file a complaint: 313-961-6585


Minnesota Lawyers Professional Responsibility Board
1500 Landmark Towers,
345 St. Peter St.
St. Paul, MN 55102
To file a complaint: 800-657-3601


Mississippi Bar, Consumer Assistance Program
P.O. Box 2168
Jackson, MS 39225
To file a complaint:


Missouri Office of Chief Disciplinary Counsel
3327 American Ave.
Jefferson City, MO 65109
To file a complaint: 573-635-7400


Office of Disciplinary Counsel for the State of Montana
P.O. Box 1099
Helena, MT 59624-1099
To file a complaint: 406-442-1648


State of Nebraska Judicial Branch,
Office of the Counsel for Discipline
3808 Normal Blvd
Lincoln, NE 68506

To file a complaint: 402-471-1040


State Bar of Nevada
3100 W. Charleston Blvd., Suite 100
Las Vegas, NV 89102
To file a complaint: 800-254-2797

New Hampshire

New Hampshire Supreme Court, Attorney Discipline System
4 Chenell Dr., Suite 102
Concord, NH 03301
To file a complaint: 603-224-5828

New Jersey

Supreme Court of New Jersey, Office of Attorney Ethics
840 Bear Tavern Rd.
West Trenton, NJ 08628
To file a complaint: 800-406-8594

New Mexico

The Disciplinary Board of the New Mexico Supreme Court
2440 Louisiana Blvd. NE, Suite 280
Albuquerque, NM 87110
To file a complaint: 505-842-5781

New York

New York State Bar Association/NY State Supreme Court
Appellate Division
To file a complaint:
Address and phone vary depending on county –
see website for more info.

North Carolina

North Carolina State Bar
217 East Edenton St.
Raleigh, NC 27601
To file a complaint: 919-828-4620

North Dakota

Supreme Court of North Dakota, Disciplinary Board
125 Slate Dr., Suite 2
Bismarck, ND 58502
To file a complaint: 800-452-8260


The Supreme Court of Ohio – Office of Disciplinary Counsel
65 E. State St., Suite 1510
Columbus, OH 43215
To file a complaint: 800-589-5256


Oklahoma Bar Association
1901 N. Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
To file a complaint: 800-522-8065


Oregon State Bar – Client Assistance Office
P.O. Box 231935
Tigard, OR 97281-1935
To file a complaint: 800-452-8260


The Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
601 Commonwealth Ave., Suite 5600
Harrisburg, PA 17106
To file a complaint: 717-231-3380

Rhode Island

The Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Rhode Island
Philip W. Noel Judicial Complex
222 Quaker Lane, Room 1083
Warwick, RI 02886
To file a complaint: 401-823-5710

South Carolina

South Carolina Judicial Brank, Office of Disciplinary Counsel
1220 Senate St., Suite 309
Columbia, SC 29201
To file a complaint: 803-734-2038

South Dakota

State Bar of South Dakota
222 E. Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501
To file a complaint: 605-224-7554


Board of Professional Responsibility of the
Supreme Court of Tennessee
10 Cadillac Dr., Suite 220
Brentwood, TN 37027
To file a complaint: 800-486-5714


State Bar of Texas, Chief Disciplinary Counsel’s Office
P.O. Box 13287
Austin, TX 78711
To file a complaint:
: 800-204-2222


Utah Office of Professional Conduct
645 S. 200 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
To file a complaint: 801-531-9110


Vermont Judiciary, Professional Responsibility Program
32 Cherry St., Suite 213
Burlington, VT 05401
To file a complaint: 802-828-3204


Virginia State Bar
1111 East Main St., Suite 700
Richmond, VA. 23219
To file a complaint: 804-775-0570


Washington State Bar
1325 Fourth Ave., Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98101
To file a complaint: 800-945-9722

West Virginia

WV State Bar
2000 Deitrick Blvd.
Charleston, WV 25311
To file a complaint: 866-989-8227


Wisconsin Court System, Office of Lawyer Regulation
110 East Main St., Suite 315
Madison, WI 53701
To file a complaint: 877-315-6941 (option 1)


Wyoming State Bar
4124 Laramie St.
Cheyenne, WY 82003

To file a complaint: 307-632-3737



Become an associate member of the APA by filling out your details here.
Please note associate membership is just for Policyholders, Non-profits, Consumer Groups, Regulatory and Law-enforcement agencies.
If you are an Attorney, Public Insurance Adjustor or Restoration Contractor – please sign up for a Professional Membership or apply to be a Board Advisor.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.